The speakers are:
- Baroness Neville-Rolfe (Minister for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy)
- Stephen Tindale (Director, The Alvin Weinberg Foundation)
- Laura Sandys (CEO, Challenging Ideas)
- Lord John Hutton (Chair, Nuclear Industry Association)
- James Heappey MP (Energy and Climate Change Committee)
- Ryan Shorthouse (Chief Executive, Bright Blue) (Chair)
The key questions explored at the fringe event are:
- What should the role of nuclear be in Britain’s future energy mix?
- How can nuclear be better supported after the current generating fleet of power stations goes offline in the 2020s?
- Is nuclear vital to the UK meetings its emissions targets to mitigate climate change?
- What impact will the nuclear industry have on the UK’s economy, including on the 'Northern Powerhouse'?
- What opportunities are there for job creation with the decommissioning and new build of nuclear until 2030?
- Is the UK’s supply chain capable of supporting the requirements for the growing nuclear industry, or is foreign investment required?
The event will take place in the Lismore room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Birmingham.